Tuesday, August 6, 2013

lucky duck

We are so incredibly blessed to have two amazing boys, a home and food on the table every night. We are blessed because as of right now we are all healthy. I have been hearing so many sad stories lately of parents loosing their children, children loosing their parents, even dogs passing away. I am so incredibly thankful that I have been blessed with such an amazing life at the moment. I try not to take things for granted and my goal for the rest of the year is to make sure every day I appreciate the little things.

I know this probably doesn't make much sense to most of the readers of this blog.... (not that I have any idea who really reads this) Last night I was putting Jackson to bed and he asked me if I was going to be home when he wakes up. I am lucky, extremely lucky, to be able to work form home every day. So my little bit of "me time" is spent most mornings at the gym. I am usually gone from 7 am -10 am. Therefore, Jackson often wakes up and I am not home. He asked me as I was tucking him in to please run at home the following morning, so I would be there when he woke up. I kind of smiled and said I don't know, we will see. I really try not to feel bad about going to the gym, because I am home the rest of the day, but it really made me feel bad. I woke up early with Logan, hung out with him for a bit and then headed to the basement to get in a good 6 miles on the treadmill and then do some crunches/arms. He was not even up when I was finished. I am not saying that I won't be going to the gym multiple more times this week, but I am saying that I will most likely feel bad going and at least one day this week I stayed home to make my little booger happy. Its the little things :)

 
silly boy #1 (model pose?)

 
Silly boy #2 (tongue pose?)

so lucky to work from home, so appreciative and I love my job!
 
oh and lastly
 
HAPPY SHARK WEEK!!!!!!!!


(this little shark is fierce, he bites!)

No comments:

Post a Comment