Saturday, July 6, 2013

finally! we have arrived


it was a long ass day....by long I mean miserably long. You know those people you make it seem like everything was super simple and everything went smooth and they could travel with their kids every day if they had to? Well I am not one of them. I am one of those people that is use to leaving around 4 or 5 in the morning so that they avoid traffic. This year, I prayed and I told myself it would be ok (over and over again) and I told my husband that I would agree to not leave too early so that we didn't arrive too early. In the past we are always 4-5 hours before check in, but we always avoid traffic :) Anyways, our trip (with Logan) was basically like this....crying, bottle, crying, sleep, crying, stop for gas and walk around, get super sticky and dirty with candy, crying, bottle, crying, and then we stop again at weeping radish, then crying, sleep, crying, sleep, then crying crying crying. Weeping radish, not a bad place to stop, but they use to have more animals and more of a play ground so it was a bit of a disappointment. Anyways, we left at 7:30 AM and finally arrived at the beach (with two stops) at 4:30 PM. And, to top things off, Logan barfed up his entire trips worth of bottles/hot dog/pretzel and every other snack we gave him trying to make him stop crying, as we pulled into the realty company. You would think you would be like well at least you were there? but cleaning puke out of everything smelled so bad! and I felt horrible putting lo back in the car. Thankfully our house wasn't too far, but I am pretty sure this goes in the books for the worst car trip I have ever had. Jackson was amazing the entire time so I am very thankful for that.

Here are some pics of our time once we got here....I'm relaxed, and happy and ready to take on this vacation, with out any more puke.....



 
J man

 
Lo Man

 
He loves his hot tubs

 
Michael and I kind of have the hook up, big bedroom, bathroom, cinema room, and rec room/kitchen..all on bottom floor....next to pool and hot tub..and the booze.
 
ps - I have some pretty awesome inlaws!

No comments:

Post a Comment