Monday, July 8, 2013

Life is good at the beach!

Day two brings lots of sun, lost swim trunks, boys who don't want to go to the beach, amazing dinner that we could not exactly enjoy, bonding lots with family members, and so much more!

So it was Michaels day to get up with Lo, he got up around 6:30. So around 7:20 I got up, washed my face and headed to Duck doughnuts because my in-laws love some doughnuts. I texted Michael (who was three stories above) to tell him I was headed there. Once I got there, he texted me and said to not worry about it because Papa John (his step dad) was already on his way there. I had already ordered the doughnuts. So I sat there, waiting, for him to get there...only to see him drive by, and not turn around and come back.  So my trip to duck doughnuts to kindly bring my in-laws some tasty treats turned into quite an adventure of blowing the surprise, waiting for my father in law, him not arriving at all, and me finally going back to the house to find out he couldn't find it and was waiting for me to bring home the doughnuts...this is all before 8 am. I guess the moral of the story is that duck doughnuts are amazing...I didn't have one though..because that would just be bad news bears....

We then decided to take Logan for a walk on the beach.  I wanted to do a barefoot run, Michael agreed to go with me. I got out there and pushing the bob with Logan in the sand it was a work out enough. I was drenched in sweat after a couple miles. It was gorgeous out this morning but at 9 am it was already pretty hot.

Michaels family is awesome, but they aren't beach people. There is nothing at all wrong with that but it makes it more difficult getting J man to go to the beach. He just kept yelling no beach, pool! all morning. Michael and I wanted to go back to the beach once logan went down for his nap, so we did, and Jackson came. I wish I took pictures but I didn't. It was awesome out, we threw the football around a lot and Jackson made us a ton of garlic cupcakes and garlic cream pies.....(out of sand obvi)

The rest of the day was spent hanging at our awesome house and awesome pool. The best thing about this house, other than my mother in law who continues to do laundry and I swear none of us have had a piece of dirty laundry yet, is the fact that we all have our own rooms, and Michael and I even have two rooms. Its the best house for our family, and it makes vacation so much easier.

Anyway, here are some pics of the day.....

Hells ya!
 

This is what happens when I try to lay down for two seconds, my monkey climbs on top of me

He loves the pool table..

Jackson=water bug, never gets out

Logan sure does love ice cream

Family pic at dinner, thanks Petermans for a great meal!

 
it got very dark but never hit, I love summer storms....
 
Peace out readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment